Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SteamDroid 1.1 Update

We have just released an update for SteamDroid, and we jumped all the way from version 1.02 to 1.1 because of some of the major updates included with this release.

We still need to update our screenshots, but we added a new units menu that allows for more customization as far as units go.  We also changed around the way the inputs were read in to be much more friendly and avoid a bug that was discovered by one of our users.  Other minor fixes include centering the calculate button in landscape mode and slightly bigger buttons.

As usual, let us know if you have any feature requests or recommendations.

4 comments:

  1. I bought this app because on occasion I need to look up steam temperature at a given pressure. How can I use this app for that simple answer? I can't seem to get it to do that. Some instructions would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Danny

    One of the most common problems we've had reported by people using our app is that we didn't make it obvious that the labels of "T", "P", etc. are actually buttons. To do what you describe, you should (in no particular order) touch/click the "T" button, type in a temperature, touch/click the "P" button, type in a pressure. With 2 buttons selected, the calculate button should become available.

    Also, don't forget to deselect the buttons if you want to select something else.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I swap units? I just purchased this for my atrix and it seems to be stuck on SI units. I need standard units but can't find the 'switch'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm an idiot. Didn't realize that it's under my settings 'button'.

    ReplyDelete